So what got made for Christmas giving here at Eat Up Albany? Well, as usual, a lot. I’d like to thank lots of blogs for inspiration and advice, you can see them over there on the right side. Many recipes came from there, but not all. As usual, many King Arthur Flour products were involved.
- Healthier Banana Bread – modified to use Splenda for Baking and light tasting olive oil as the fat (after I kinda sorta made a sugar-free batch by accident – not bad, but not giftworthy)
- Pumpernickel Bread – from here
- San Diego Sunshine Bread – same book
- San Diego Sunshine Bread with Craisins – same thing…with Craisins. D’uh.
- my famous Cinnamon Raisin Bread – what? you haven’t heard of it?
- Vanilla Swirl Bread – so good, but not cheap, from Darla’s recipe at Bakingdom, have to start making my own vanilla sugar
- Cheoreg – still not perfected, cooked in muffin tins, which was a great idea if I do say so myself, they’re perfectly shaped and cute with their sprinkling of sesame seeds on top
- Magic Peanut Butter Middles cookies – you know, the ones with the peanut butter filling hidden inside chocolate cookies
- four flavors of butter cookies – I modified a tangerine butter cookie recipe from here and also made lemon, chocolate chocolate chip, and strawberry
- Oatmeal Craisin cookies – KAF recipe for oatmeal cookies, you can probably figure out the rest, they’re yummy
- bread and butter pickles – homegrown cukes, pickled over the summer
- applesauce – homemade from Bowman Orchard apples including Macs and Galas, got a real nice tasting sauce this year
My wife added:
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- three kinds of biscotti – orange cranberry, vanilla, and vanilla chocolate chip
- peanut butter pretzel truffles
- chocolate dipped marshmallows
I think we said we were cutting back this year. That went well 🙂